If you use Microsoft Word to generate your table of contents, you may be annoyed to find that the table of contents will not have subsections that are more than three levels deep. To fix this, do the following:
- Open your document in Word.
- Go to the Insert menu, Reference, and then click Index and Tables.
- Select the Table of Contents tab.
- To the right of the Formats list near the bottom, there is a Show Levels edit box.
- Set the level to what you want. By default, it is usually 3.
- Click OK. You may need to regenerate the table of contents.